Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Wolfson College Reception

Tuesday night was a welcoming reception for Brandon's college, Wolfson. It was a semi-formal occasion with a dinner that followed (we didn't attend given the $38 price tag on the meal, but may attend in the future). It was nice for Brandon to meet other faculty and converse with other students and resident scholars. He was most intrigued by a funny looking German mathematician...who he said was untucked, slightly odd looking, yet altogether brilliant appearing at the same time.

Here we are waiting outside the boys' classroom. Alyas met Prince Albert here...


Doesn't he just look like a little boy? Where did my baby go???


The whole clan...those in the robes where attending the dinner. I guess up until some time in the 1970's all Cambridge students had to wear the robes daily, any time they were on campus.


The boys and their support group...the real masterminds here look the prettiest!


In other news I'm going to learn how to knit. We all attended a craft group today and one of the older British ladies loves to teach. Other women who attended came from Russia, Japan, Germany, France, and Canada. I'm looking forward to the group and picking up a new skill. AND I learned Cambridge has a few dance lesson groups around....I'll be hitting Brandon up for this next! Shhhhhhhhh.....

1 comment:

b said...

ah, all of this looks like so much fun! i love reading about what you guys are up to and your pictures are wonderful. let me know how the knitting goes. i have an easy pattern for knit hats if you want it. i can probably type it up and have it still make sense. you can make a hat in a couple of hours.

first snow of the year here. 2-5 inches already. hello early october!

miss you guys.