I have rarely posted recipes on this blog b/c I rarely have anything new that I try out...at least not in the last year. Being a working Mum didn't always allow me the time to cook outside the box. Well this recipe is not odd or anything but turned out awesome, so I decided I should share. I didn't find it anywhere but just copied Omaha's Upstream Greek Pizza idea. I like to make a white sauce to go over pasta so I used that just added a little flour to make it thicker. Here's the recipe...
Crust:
Make what you like. Jill told me to combine 3 cups water, 1 1/2 Tbsp. salt, 1 1/2 Tbsp. yeast, 6 1/2 (or more if too wet) flour. It made a lot...enough for 3 pizzas actually. Poke holes in it and once you put it in the pan bake at 450 for 5-10 min (I didn't time it just waited till it was lightly golden brown).
Sauce:
Couple tablespoons of butter and a large fresh clove of garlic...ours are big here so probably two. Saute' the garlic till light brown then add about 1+ cup whipping cream and cook for a few minuets. Add a large Tbsp. pesto (Upstream doesn't add but I LOVE pesto and it goes well). I added a large Tbsp. of flour to thicken....stir. Remove from eat and shred Parmesan cheese to it..about 1/4 cup or so.
Toppings:
-Fried Chicken...in garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil
-Thinly sliced tomatoes (not on Upstream's pizza but a nice addition)
-Sliced artichoke hearts...canned
-Cheese...now at Upstream they put on feta cheese which you can do...I did shredded mild white chedder and it was great. I could have added feta too. I'm not sure what shredded cheese they do or if they do???
-Black olives if you like...we don't
-Jarred Banana Peppers...we didn't add b/c I couldn't find them here
I also added onion sliced to my half of the pizza
Bake again till cheese is melted and tops are turning brown.
Truly...it was a great meal and one I'm sure we'll do again some time soon. I have two more portions of pizza dough in the freezer now.
Didn't add a picture b/c mine just didn't give it justice.
1 comment:
YUM-MY! That's sounds great, will have to try it out! And, I know what you mean about photographing food - it's just not the same.
Post a Comment