Saturday, October 10, 2009

Friday Date Exploration

This week our Friday morning date was to Auntie's Tea Shop in the City Center. As I've mentioned before, we have actually come to really enjoy tea. This cute little place looked intriguing, so we stopped in.

Alyas joined us this week and brought "Liny". He has become quite attached to this little lion, after months of thinking he would never develop a formal attachment to anything. Liny does many things with Alyas and has also come under Alyas' discipline. Alyas has been spotted telling Liny "no touch" and "no, no" and then administering spankings....only to follow it up with a hug and a kiss. Alyas also reads to Liny and puts him in the high chair to eat. The other day he attempted to throw him into the bathtub, but I caught him in the act.

Auntie's Tea Shop is across the street from Great Saint Mary's Church...we have been attending Little Saint Mary's Church.
Our treat this day was a warm piece of ginger bread, covered in real maple syrup, and served with a side of ice cream....yes, it was awesome!

Here is Alyas trying tea for the first time. "Ummmm" he said afterward (decaffeinated with sugar and milk)...he's becoming a regular Brit!

Alyas and I visited the church while Daddy finished his tea. Sadly, this church has become a museum and I don't believe has regular services.





Alyas and I went to the park today (Yep, still nice enough to play outside here. Sorry to all you have experienced snow so prematurely!). We met several Mum's and Dad's from the neighborhood and exchanged "details"...so maybe we just might make some friends.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Katie T. said...

I love that Alyas is a daddy to Liny! How cute! The tea and sweets looked awesome - what a fun little tradition you've started.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I love your Friday date idea. You must keep this going! I'm still trying to get used to Brandon with a tie! Thanks for your weekly blog. It's very nice to see your surroundings and hear your commentary.

robbie.miller said...

Does Alyas have an orange harness on ala Reggie style in those pictures?