Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Puke and Snot

Nice name for a blog title, huh? Well, that has been what my life has been about the last few days. "Frogs, snails, and puppy dog tails" that's what little boys are made of? Not mine...he seems to be full of snot and has perfected the art of puking. Puking on me, the chair, the floor...get the picture. The little dude is sick.....again. He is on his third cold in 4 months and fourth ear infection. It's clock work...he gets the sniffles and a little cough, does o.k. with it until around day 5 and then....fevers, fussiness, this time vomiting, and another infection. Back to the doctor for more amoxicillin. Yuck! I can't wait for this cough and cold season to be done. And I'm praying he doesn't get spring and summer colds too so we can be done with the ear infections and hopefully avoid getting tubes in his ears.

On a lighter note...his hair is growing....straight up! Brandon made me vow not to cut it. Everyone these days (I'm not exaggerating this...everyone) comments on his "crazy hair." Tonight at Baker's when we went to get his medicine a lady hollered across the parking lot, about 30+ feet away, "oh, my word...look that that hair. It's soooo cute." Brandon hates it when I comb it over. Why? Well, because it looks like a 'comb over' and not nearly as cute. So straight up it will stand until it gets heavy enough to fall over on it's own.

At any rate standing up or pasted down...either choice is probably better than this hair do we tried the other night. I called him "Alfalpha" the rest of the evening.


That's all I have to say tonight. Need to get some sleep. I'm really looking forward to Ames this weekend and celebrating my 28th birthday....it's my GOLDEN birthday, so I'm insisting on all my gifts being gold in some form or another. :^)

No comments: