This Thanksgiving was a rather atypical one for the Wall family. Brandon's Mom and Dad were going to stay at MarySue's mother's house in Willmar, MN. There was going to be a bunch of family members there, including Alyas' Auntie Em and his other Great Grandma and Grandpa. Brandon couldn't get the time off of work and so I decided that Alyas and I would still go. Bing and MarySue graciously went an additional 3 hours out of their way to pick us up. Willmar is about 5 1/2 hours from Omaha. Brandon ended up eating Thanksgiving dinner at my parents house. So we just switched families for the time being. I guess after all this time it feels the same anyways...it was weird though not being together this Thanksgiving. It's the first major holiday Brandon and I have spent a part in the last 5 years.
Here is Alyas in his "Gobble Till You Wobble" shirt. He was kept very busy on Thanksgiving day with 24 adults and children around. He got a ton of attention the whole weekend and loved every second of it!

Here is Alyas' Great Grandma Cella. We stayed at her house and enjoyed nice breakfasts with her, just the three of us, every morning. Bing, MarySue, and Emilie stayed at Aunt Barb and Uncle Ed's house who also live in Wilmar.

Aunt Barb playing with Alyas.

Alyas and Great Grandpa Fritz.

Alyas trying on Grandpa Wall and Emilie's hats.

We had a fun time watching him get stuck in Emilie's hat. It took a while but he finally got it off his head.

Grandma Wall enjoyed lots of play time with Alyas as well!

Alyas and Aunt Emilie...aka "Auntie (or Antie) Em." We call her "antie" because on her birthday this year I made a sign for her with a picture of Alyas next to it and I misspelled Auntie. I'll never live that down!

On Saturday we spent many hours in the kitchen cooking Christmas cookies.

Saturday night Emilie and I went out for some time by ourselves. Neither of us have sisters so when we can it's nice to have this time together. I think Emilie and I should may a tradition of going out on our own from now on for "sister time"...what do you think Emilie?

Here is a great video of Alyas and Great Grandma Carol. Alyas was making a fake coughing sound and Carol would do it back, which kept his interest for quite some time. We all got a laugh out of their "conversation."
1 comment:
he is SO cute! man. i love the "gobble 'til you wobble" shirt. funny, funny.
Post a Comment