Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's New

I thought I'd post on Alyas and all his new things. He is becoming so much more of a boy...prime example he hears me say often "you little stinker"...he does so many typical boy things. Here's a picture of him playing with a truck and making truck sounds as he drives it over all our furniture.

He also loves all big machinery and things that have sirens. We live on a very busy street and he stops whatever he does when an ambulance goes by, runs to the window, and exclaims "Am-lance"! He loves to jump and climb on everything he shouldn't. Yesterday, while turning my back for about 45 seconds I found him standing on the kitchen table shaking his hips and clapping his hands. Guess what came out of my mouth? I'd say his biggest love right now would be books, however. This last week we didn't make it to the toy library but did make it to the city book library. I think I've averaged about 10-15 books a day (but that includes reading several books more than once). His favorite: The Boy on a Bus....a sing along book to the tune of "The Wheels on the bus" where the little boy drives around and picks up a lot of farm animals.

He knows most of his ABC's...favorite letter "OOOoooooo"! We go over numbers often, but he's not too interested in repeating them to me. Favorite songs are "Jesus loves me" (done with motions), "Little Teapot", and "Row, Row, Row your boat". He knows almost all his body parts...and even some more obscure ones like cheeks, chin, and forehead. He knows the sounds of the cow, sheep, and horse, and, although he can repeat other sounds, if asked most other animals say "Moo".

A funny story. Today on the bike we drove over the bridge where the ducks are and I asked him what they said - to which he replied "Moo". "Alyas what does the sheep say?" "Baaa," he replied. "What does Alyas say?" "Moo". "And what does Mommy say?" "Nooooo," was his reply. HA!

Speaking of the bike...here's my little man in his new rain gear I found. The sizes are for 5-6 years but I needed good coverage and this way he can wear it for a few years.

Biking isn't as hard as I thought it might be with a toddler...the added weight doesn't seem to effect me too much. However, toddler antics may make for an interesting ride. Tips for riding with a toddler:

1. Try to avoid riding near nap time because your toddler will fall asleep in the back (even in the pouring rain), but wake up when you get home, thus ruining normal nap time.

2. Strap their feet in tight and put their shoe laces through the feet straps so when they pull their feet out of their shoes you don't loose the shoe.

3. Always wear a long tank top under your clothes because if your shirt isn't long enough you'll have ice cold fingers crawling up your back, or like today, you'll have him pulling on your jeans and jamming his hands down your pants and underwear laughing all the while. (Picture me for 2 miles pulling at his hands left and right and swerving down the bike path trying to keep my composure and keep from flashing anyone else on the path or street).

To end, here's is a picture of our Christmas tree. Smallest one I've ever seen, and I bought it for a pound! I like it and it does the job. Alyas likes it too but knows pretty well after 5 days that it is a "Noooo Tuch"!



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! Can't believe how big Alyas is getting! Love tip #3! How funny.

Anonymous said...

Alyas, your little man, our little man, and what a good looking one at that!!:}

Mary Sue said...

Both of you are learning alot. I am sure he is keeping you very busy. I just saw Cassi and her two little ones and i dont think that she sat down once. Glad you can spend this time with Alas. You will never have this time again. Hope you enjoy. Miss you lots. MSW