Thursday, April 16, 2009

Once A Week Stay At Home Mom

So I'm a "once a week stay at home Mom" and I often go to a play group with other mothers who have babies that are similar in age to Alyas on that day (Thursday). All the mothers stay at home with their children so I joke that I pretend to be like them for a day. We get together and chat about what life is like being a stay at home Mom, how great it is, and how we would never have it any other way. .....So I'm being a little sarcastic. I really enjoy the group and wish I could be home more (although I don't think I would want to be a full time stay at home Mom - just a true part time PA). My sarcasm is just my little way of dealing with some times feeling a little out of place and wishing I could be home more.

Anyways, today the group went to the park and had a great time now that the weather is getting warmer. Alyas loves to play around other kids (still to little to understand the concept of playing with other kids), and I enjoy comparing notes with other mothers. I got him all dressed up and thew a bandana on him - just like his Dad used to wear. I thought it made him look like a stud and we had to look good for all the ladies we were going to see!


Here he is putting his moves on Adelaide. The first time he met her he went right up and kissed her....she cried, but this time she just looked the other way. Adelaide's Mom watched Alyas for us last month when our babysitter was on maternity leave, so I think she learned how to deal with his advances.




Delaney....the only walker amongst the babies. She used to be the girl Alyas put the moves on (see former blog post about their first date), but now that she's walking he is truly left in her dust...or shall we say sand.


The only other baby male companion...too young to sit on his own but gave his condolences to Alyas from his Mom's lap.


Caydmen....a much other boy who was into digging and filling buckets with sand...way too cool to hang out with the babies. His Mom told him to share his shovel with Alyas but he complained that when he gave it to him all Alyas did was put it in his mouth!


Sweet Nora and her Mom.....a little to timid to join the others in the sand. Smart girl!



My Son........eating sand. What a proud Ma-Ma I am!


One other picture from the day...I hung Marty's cartoon he gave Alyas for his Birthday. Thanks Marty!

And finally today's video....Alyas figuring out how to stack the pieces on his new train.


3 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, this post makes me miss you all so much!! Wish i could be a part of that playgroup! By the way...Alyas' birthday cake turned out super cute! Where did you get it?

Bwall said...

i am glad to have a son that knows how to hit on the ladies.

b

Dr. Bing said...

Hi Philly, Love the blog. Alyas is quite the stud with that bandana. I like your idea to meet with the ladies on thur. Where did you meet them? That's a fun idea. Thanks for coming to see us. We sure enjoyed the BD party. Nice to see your family, too. Love, Bing and Mary Sue