Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lots of Things

I feel like I have a lot that I could write about so I'll just include them all in one blog. The first thing "new" this week was a realization that 1) I've officially entered the world of battery operated toys and 2) that the change of seasons is signaling the coming of the viruses. Now that Alyas is playing with toys the ones that make noise are more enjoyable than they have ever been before. What fun (said with a touch of sarcasm)! This week also Alyas developed his first ear infection. He had a rash last week that looked viral to me (or as we say in the medical world a 'viral exanthem'). He didn't have any other symptoms until Monday when his nose started running (out came the snot sucker), and that night he was fussy and woke up from sleep crying. I was suspicious and so I got out my otoscope and sure - enough a bright red tympanic membrane. He went to the doctor and is now getting his first doses of the yummy pink amoxicillin. Yes, I will send him to the doctor even though I could easily myself call in a prescription...I guess my only real advantage is that I can more easily decipher when and when not he needs to be seen.

On to other things this last week. Brandon had an idea and asked me if he could try an experiment. He loves doing things like this and always keeps me entertained. He said he knew we could spend much less on groceries a month and to prove it he wanted to try and live off of $25 just for himself for all his meals. I conceded and he headed to the store. Here is some of what he came back with. Notice the "Kroger" brand items....beautifully generic! He had a mix of healthier and not so healthy items, and since it wasn't all pizza I was encouraged.

Here's the "Big K" diet cola he got and a ton of carrots. He couldn't afford Diet Coke evidently. He took two drinks of one and dumped the rest out...the remainders will probably sit in the fridge until we give it away to some neighbor kid.

Today is Thursday and his experiment already isn't working. He's given into eating at work when there was free food and MarySue visited on Tuesday and he got to go out to eat at Fudrucker's. He says it hasn't ruined his little "experiment" b/c things like that normally happen in life, but I think he is just dying for some better tasting food!

Next are some pictures of a walk we took on Sunday. The day was so nice in the mid 70's and was probably the last warm weekends we'll have. Here is the park by our house and some pictures we took that afternoon.






On to Alyas..... Alyas' newest thing is sitting. He started being able to sit for a few seconds around 6 1/2 months and within the last week has become much more proficient at holding himself up and keeping balanced. He can't push himself up to sit on his own however.
Here he is catching himself from falling over.


Lastly, today I got my hair cut....SHORT. Last time I went I chickened out and got the same cut I've had for a while. I found this picture that I liked...it looked trendy and fun so I went for it. I needed a little post-baby makeover!

Here's the result! I wanted it a little different and this is how it turned out.
And to end a video of my little man sitting!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Way to go on the sitting, Alyas! He's looking like such a big boy these days. Love the new haircut, too, Philly!