I feel that for the most part he is a pretty easy going guy. Doesn't require constant attention, but loves it when you give it. He can already play for an extended period of time by himself (usually about 30min), and all the while he's bouncing, grabbing, pulling, and mouthing everything. He doesn't really like to be cuddled, hushed, or soothed - he likes excitement, funny faces, and new things. I find it interested that these days when he is tired instead of calming down laying in Mom's lap or rocking in the chair he is almost better on his own. When I hold him he kicks like crazy, tries to climb up my chest and turn in circles. If I'm lucky I'll just lay him down...he'll fuss for a short time and go to sleep on his own. I'm not to sure what he thinks of reading quite yet. He'll listen to an entire book but he just has to be in the right mood to do it. I wonder if these characteristics are more due to the fact that he is a boy and not a girl or are they insights into an independent, free-spirited, gregarious little person? That would make him even more like his father! Did this little one get any of my DNA?
To end I thought I put add a picture of a recent "dislike" we discovered. It was hard to get a picture of his face because now he knows what the camera is and gets distracted by the lights it makes and stops doing what he's doing when I turn it on. For several months (even before starting solids) I've been putting little tastes of all sorts of things in his mouth. He hasn't reacted poorly to anything....until we gave him green beans! You would have thought they tasted sour by his face. On the contrary I think his favorite food is bananas...so very fitting for a little monkey!
1 comment:
Sounds like Alyas and Audrey would get along well!! :) Especially since she LOVES green beans. He could pass them all to her and she would eat every last bite. Crazy kids...
Post a Comment