Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Like Father Like Son

I thought I would post some pictures and comments on some of the adorable ways in which Brandon enjoys being a father. As many of you know my husband has always had is own unique style of dress. Yes, he is finally phasing out of the huge baggy pants, skater shoes, and tie-dye T-shirts...but still he always has some trend that he creates that he sticks to. Once he told me that ever since he was a little boy he has always wanted to look like an old man. He played dress up in suspenders and old hats as an adolescent and these days he daydreams about being a hunched over professor, walking with cane and brief case, having some long crazy beard and shaking his finger at college kids. At any rate, his favorite items to dress in these days always include some new hat (multiple ones have been gifts from Bing), and usually a button down, collared, plaid shirt.

Now that Brandon is a Dad he likes to search through Alyas's closet in hopes of finding something that would look similar to his own style. He then brings him out proudly to show me what he's done. He doesn't really appreciate all those cute outfits with feet in them or anything with a puppy dog, train, or race car on it. It has to look more manly...and if he can find a hat to match all the better. Here is one of the most recent pictures. This little shirt was a gift and we only now can try it out since it is finally cooling down outside. My little boy looks more like a little man!

Here is another picture from Brandon's 26th Birthday. He insisted on dressing Alyas when we went out to eat. Notice they are both wearing plaid shirts and Brandon has on one of his new favorite hats.....also plaid!

Next is a shot of Daddy and baby in their special hats.


Lastly, this picture I just took this morning. This time I dressed Alyas and brought him to his Dad. No, I don't think Brandon dresses like a geek, but I'd thought it would be a humorous addition to this posting. If there is any "geeky" component to Brandon that's o.k. with me and Alyas can model after his father in that regard too. What mother wouldn't want her son to be constantly reading, thinking, and dreaming of being a college professor?

2 comments:

Jenni said...

So cute! I love the first picture and you're right he does look like a little man. I'm with Brandon, not a big fan of puppies, or baseball bats on baby clothes.

Fritz said...

Love the pics...and the hats Brandon! Looks like you guys are doing well.