Thursday, May 26, 2011

LydiaSue Walks!

Our little girl is beginning to take her first precious steps! Her first few started on May 2nd, and over the last few weeks every few days she's been adding a step or two. Now today she just took off...going from 4-5 steps at a time to a whole 20+ tonight! Alyas did this on April 17th (my sister in-laws birthday) 2009, and now at just over 11 months it's Lydia's turn. Before today she had stood twice on her own - not really realizing what she had done. Tonight as well, after several successes, she figured that out too! Here are some videos documenting her first real steps!





One of the ways she had been getting experience was pushing her brother in a little firetruck, affectionately called "Mee-no Mee-no" after the sound it makes.





Watching children grow and develop is such an awesome process. In a way I feel addicted to it! Already makes me excited about doing it all over again!

Learning to eat with a spoon...these pictures were worth the mess I had to clean up afterwards.

Yummmmmmm YOGURT!


I've been pretty busy these days so finding time to post on my blog is difficult. Here are a few other cute videos and pictures I've captured over the last few weeks.

Lydia rocking out on a road trip to Ames.



Alyas pitching a baseball.



Alyas drumming...he's kind of let Buzz Light Year and Woody rest for a while and has gone back to drumming at every waking moment.



Good thing we got two drums at Christmas!

Mother's Day

Dad's Birthday

Other cute pics with Grandmas



And one last video!

2 comments:

Katie T. said...

Lydia is a DOLL! And can't believe Alyas is such a big kid. Yes, despite the sleepless nights and challenges, I agree, watching these kids grow is addicting. : )

Christy said...

Love the videos. Especially Alyas' version of "Come Thou Fount." So sweet to hear kids singing hymns! ALthough I must admit, I was nervous for the computer monitor in the background of his drumming!!! :)