Tuesday, June 15, 2010

While I wait...

I'd been doing pretty well at not being restless for baby LydiaSue to come...until a day or so after her due date. Now I want her here! I saw the mid-wife yesterday and they had me schedule a day for induction. I requested the latest day in hopes of still having a natural birth. So, if nothing gets moving here soon I'm scheduled for the 22nd. One nice thing here though is they don't starve the induction mothers! I can eat the entire time and before hand. With Alyas I was sooooo hungry the whole day.

Anyways, so today while I am waiting I thought a little craft project would help put my mind at ease. Lydia's housemate Juliann is 7 weeks old and has 2 mobiles! At this point, Lydia has nothing other than a bed, so I thought I'd try and make something. I like butterfly stuff for little girls and figured I could use the bags Lydia's presents came in to use as cut outs. Resourcefulness is a great virtue!


The sticks I used where k-bob sticks and the ribbon came wrapped around a bouquet of flowers Jill gave me at Lydia's shower.

Pipe cleaners (snuck from Brandon's backpack) made the antennas, and the string to hold the butterflies up (yes, I don't even have string!) I got from taking apart thread by thread the rope handle on one of the gift bags.


With the help of a little glue, tape, scissors, and a coin placed behind one of the butterflies to balance the mobile I had a finished project. The butterflies were free-handed of course...not to bad for an amateur mobile maker, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Kate Jobe said...

Very creative Philly. LydiaSue will love looking at her magical butterflies