My Valentine's day started off like this....
After years of working as a cook, Brandon can pull off some really delicious breakfast food. Good thing I'm not the least bit concerned about counting calories!
Breakfast was his gift to me and I gave him a bag of M&M's and a chocolate bar. We hung out at home for the afternoon with Alyas. We were excited to be able to go out on a date that night....I think the fourth time we've actually done that since being here in England. Jill and Peter watched Alyas while we boarded a train to a town called Ely.
The final destination of the train was actually a town called 'Brandon', maybe we'll have to visit some time?
We took those pictures quick before we ate dinner since we knew it would be too late by the time we got done to see anything. We tried this pub because it had a typical English pub feel but the food was nothing to write home about so I've leave it at that. We laughed it off though because we joke it is a Wall trait to have one aspect of every trip fail to one degree or another.
To make up for it we dropped in at a nice Italian place for a wonderful piece of chocolate cake and coffee.

Our evening was topped off by a piano concert at the cathedral which was spectacular. They had a professional pianist play flawless pieces of Bethoven, Chopin, Gershwin, and a few others. It was simply amazing! The cathedral was a sight in and of itself, but again since it was so dark I couldn't really get any good pictures. If anyone coming to England to visit would like a neat place to visit that's only 14 min away by train we'll have to visit Ely because I definitely want to go back!
1 comment:
What a great date! Brandon is looking very "Cambridge" in that first pic. : )
Post a Comment