Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Fourth Of July!

It has been so long since I posted last - a true reflection of how I don't have time for too many 'extras' these days. My toddler is so busy these days that when I do try and sit down at the computer he's trying to push me off the chair so he can climb up it (he's doing this as I write)! Brandon is finishing up his last round of SES classes and is very very eager to get moving to England! Yes....I think I can finally say we are moving. I always hesitate but the other day we actually purchased plane tickets. Flying out September 14th from Minneapolis! Since I have a four day weekend I am starting to pack things up. I know we have a while but with working all the time and trying to get so many other tasks accomplished I thought starting with one box at a time would make things more manageable and less stressful...a little hard on a task orientated person who likes to finish the tasks she starts all in one sitting. Motherhood is changing this aspect of me though. I'm not sure if we are "ready" to go...we are working on the details and have most of the money we need (praying for no major medical expenses or car issues), but not everything is as neat and clean plan wiseas I would hope for. I need to get a job while I'm there to make up for what is lacking in our budget. We hear this shouldn't be too difficult but there is no job waiting for me as we speak. I feel like I'm walking a fine line between doing what is wise according to what I know and having faith that things will be o.k. even though there are many things I don't know. I read in Proverbs "Lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight" - I'm praying this verse asking for wisdom in knowing what it means in light of so many varing factors. This verse is quoted and used so often but the application of it in times like this is definately not easy!

Well Alyas is knocking things over and getting mad because I'm not playing with him so I better get going. I'm loving having a 4 day weekend to enjoy and rest with my family!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Philly, Thanks for the update. Glad you could get some things packed. Love the Cowboy hat.

Katie T. said...

Cutie! Have you given notice of your last day of work yet?