Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Such A Big Boy

Things really take off after babies turn one, don't they? Everyone these days are amazed at how big Alyas seems...Robbie today said he's just a "little person." It's so true...he is taking on more 'person' type qualities and leaving behind a lot of the baby traits. His comprehension is soaring. I love being able to tell him "pick up your toys," "come over here," "shut the door," "pull the bath tub plug," or "let's go get your milk" and watching him obey me! He has learned how to point and then sign "please" over and over until we get it. New words these days are "Hi" (well not quite so new but he says it all the time now) and "Heidi." New signs are "eat" and he's done "help" (or a version of it I took from my friend Christy and her daughter Audrey). We are really hoping he gets this one down so when he's frustrated he can just sign help and not whine and squeal! Heidi is one of our house mates who taught Alyas "So Big" (his true first sign ever) and has been working on her name for as long as we've been encouraging Alyas to say MaMa and DaDa! Congrats Heidi - you officially made Grandma a little jelous!

I just sent out many of my most recent pictures so I'll just include a few recent videos...

No comments: