A big change came to our lives when we decided to start an intentional community. We moved into an old Victorian house in a somewhat rough but charming neighborhood with some of our good friends.
I anticipate some of my posts will include stories, pictures, and thoughts on communal life.
Here a picture of the original members. Soon I'll have to update this with our current house members.

The second biggest change to our lives just arrived 4 months ago with the birth of our first child. Alyas William Wall was born on April Fools Day 2008. We all thought the day of his birth was fitting, first, because he bears the "Wall" name, and second because he was supposed to be born a few days earlier. I failed an induction attempt after 13 hours of sitting in the hospital. The day was long, boring, and frustrating. Long story short Alyas was successfully born on April 1 at exactly 8pm. He was a very healthy and strong 8lbs 7oz. He is a pure joy and our biggest blessing so far! He currently is a very happy baby who smiles all the time. One of our friends has given him the nickname "Cheese Ball" which I find very cute. I am sure most of my posts will be about Alyas. Enjoy!
If you read this blog please leave me comments however short or long. Knowing that others are interested will keep me motivated to keep it up! Until next time.......
7 comments:
YEAH...You started a blog. I'm excited! I will definitely visit your blog frequently to see the updates on your fam. Love ya!
This is my first visit to a blog. Thanks for inviting me. I will visit often. I love to see pictures of Alyas. He is our joy along with both of his parents. Mary Sue
Hey, Philly, Congrats on the blogoshere. You will have fun with that. Maybe you'll end up with a book like Francis Schaefer's wife who wrote about his philosophical community while they were in Switzerland. She became as well known worldwide as her husband. You are at the beginnings of something and who knows where it will lead? I've started my marriage counseling blog on my regular web site. You can check it out at thrivingcouples.com. I wrote the first one while visiting your place when Alyas was born. It is at the beginning and who knows where it will lead? We are looking forward to your visit. I got the Vulcan and Shadow motorcycles fixed so if Brandon wants to take you out on one of them he can. Emilie might visit also and she has here motorcycle license now. Mary Sue and I are thinking of getting a 3rd cycle so we can form a Wall Biker Dude caravan. It's won't be for awhile, but its nice to have a dream or three. Love, Bing, the Marriage Counseler Dude
Welcome to blogging!! We will definitely be staying in touch with the Walls! Check ours out too if you haven't yet, I post a lot! www.thepelhams.blogspot.com
fun, philly! glad you're doing this.
Nice blog Philly. Thanks for inviting me.
I started blogging in college and I enjoy searching for fun blogs especially on cartoons.
I know how to customize blogger site too so if you need any web help let me know.
fritz
I'm so excited to have another blogger!!! Always fun seeing how old college friends are doing...
Post a Comment