Saturday, August 16, 2008

Alyas So Far

For my next post I thought I would put in some pictures of Alyas up until this point. I know many of you have seen these before but I am just going to do a quick re-run per se before I go on. This first picture is of Brandon and I's last date before Alyas was born. I knew I couldn't eat the next day since I was being induced so we ate at a nice restaurant and I totally stuffed myself silly. It's nice not having to carry that heavy load around anymore in my belly, although Alyas's current weight of 15lbs+ can be taxing too. I wouldn't recommend gaining and loosing 30lbs in the span of one year to anyone for any other reason than pregnancy. It can be a little tough on the body!


This next picture is a newborn picture of Alyas in his first week. I am putting in this one of him crying because I think having a crying baby in the home was one of the hardest adjustments. Yes, all the books list the top 10 reasons why your baby cries, but knowing a possible reason doesn't always make them stop crying! Eventually we got used to the sound and the books were right that the crying topped off around 6weeks. He rarely hollers anymore and more so just "fusses" when he's not happy. I'm so thankful for all the encouragement and support I received from friends during this time as well....it helped it all go by more smoothly!


















The next two pictures are of Alyas around 1mo and 2mo. You can really see between these times he "woke up". His first real smiles came sporadically around 6 weeks and then continued; by 2mo I was much more likely to actually capture them on camera. The tapering of the crying and the start of the smiles was a huge transition which we were so thankful for and enjoyed. Still his smiles bring me more joy than just about anything else I can imagine!
















Here is his 3mo picture...three months was July1...but here is a fourth of July picture. We went to Ames to visit Grandma and Grandpa Wall and also saw Auntie Em and Uncle Kinkayde.

Here he is at four months! He is holding his head up high and actually loves being on his belly. Any time we put him on his back within seconds he's on his tummy again. Between months 3 and 4 he masted rolling both ways and there are some videos of his first couple times doing this...it may not seem very thrilling but for as excited as new parents can be you'd think this little guy just won an Olympic medal!


This last video is of a time when Alyas was a laughing. He does it every now and then and boy is it fun. This night he was really tired but in a good mood. Don't ask me what prompted me to fake sneezing but he sure thought it deserved a laugh. You never know what they will find humor in - the other night but burst out laughing while taking a bath at Grandma's house but I think that had to do with all the splashing he was doing.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Great pictures and such fun videos!! He looks like a happy happy guy. Audrey giggled for the first time at 4.5 months, and then not again for MONTHS!!! :) Good job catching him on camera so early!

Jenni said...

So cute! I love the laughing video. Sneezing made Jonah laugh a lot too. That and saying "oofta" - go figure. Try it.

Fritz said...

Love the videos! I'm glad I can see stuff like that from 2000 miles away. Thank you for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I love when babies laugh! Good post!

Fritz said...

I'm anxiously waiting the next blog by my sister n law. no pressure.