Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Change of Mind

So, I've always said fall was my favorite season, but I think I've officially changed my mind. It's spring! I've noticed over the last few years that I get really, really excited when ever I see this...

The buds...the beautiful buds. I think I literally start smiling as soon as I see them. Fall is nice but always brings along with it the reminder that the cold and gray winter is on it's way (sorry, for winter lovers out there, but it is by far my least favorite season!). Spring is cool and warm, sunny and fresh. It is a huge relief and comfort after a long, cold winter inside.

This afternoon had to be one of our best days yet here so far this spring. I'm sure it was in the 60's and sunny. I took a short walk down the road a ways (towards a town Great Shelford)...as far as my pregnant body will allow me without much pain, and snapped a few pictures.



This pussy willow was beautiful and I don't think I've ever seen it growing in this fashion....

...and the bee's where loving it!


And one of my favorites!




Spring means that Alyas gets to go outside as well. Our back garden is quite small but allows him enough room to run back and fourth and kick his ball.



Last tid bit of new things. Alyas is being transferred to a big boy bed! His pack and play was in this room but the bed was turned on it's side because we couldn't fit both in the small room. We put it down when our friends were here last week and didn't want to have to put it up and take it down again when our family arrives (Marty comes tomorrow!). So, for the last three days Alyas has slept wonderfully in the bed. It wasn't near as hard as I thought. He doesn't get out of it and really loves it. I think all the discipline we did on keeping him from getting out of his crib at night set him up beautifully for the change. Hope he's not offended when we switch back to the crib tomorrow when Marty comes!

I just love these pictures!


Notice my make shift bed guard made out of the mattresses from his crib.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alyas looks so big in his big bed. And as you would guess I love the flowers.