Saturday, January 23, 2010
Creativity
I got a little creative the other day. My inspiration came from my friend Steph who said her 2 year old really loved the toy stove she received recently. Alyas loves to play "cooking" next to me on the counter, so when I was taking down a box I realized I could make him a stove as well. We added some pictures from a magazine and I think the outcome would compete with Fisher Price, don't you?



In addition to this post I had to add photos of a much more creative piece of art work. MarySue, Alyas' grandma, made this book for him. She made one for her kids and now we get a new version. Each page teaches the child different skills...
How to zip.
How to tie.
How to button.

How to undue a buckle...inside is the kangaroo's baby.
How to braid.
And how to clasp.
The end has a little pouch for extras like these fish and a little Bible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i am SO impressed! the kitchen is super cute. nice work, philly! and that book...man, i wish i had the skills to do something like that!
Your kitchen inspires me...my parents made me a cardboard box kitchen when I was little - it's one of my earliest and favorite memories. Does your mom-in-law sell those books? They are beautiful!
most kids like the box that the toy comes in anyway. very cleaver. my dad made us girls a kitchen also. the pink stove that i now have was part of that. many good memories. it looks like he enjoys it. he did like my toy dishes also. so much fun to see him grow up and enjoy things. msw
Post a Comment